No. 37 | AIG
Peter ZaffinoPresident and CEO
“At AIG, success starts with our colleagues, and we are committed to maintaining an inclusive, diverse and equitable work environment. I feel a deep sense of conviction that we must do better by pursuing racial and social justice for our colleagues and communities and making meaningful contributions toward positive outcomes.”
Ronald ReevesChief Diversity Officer
“Our commitment to continued progress on AIG’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion journey is clear, firm and unwavering. There is more work to be done — by all of us, including myself. This is truly an exciting time to cultivate a welcoming workplace in which all colleagues feel they belong.”
From The Company
AIG is honored to have been included in DiversityInc’s Top 50 Companies for Diversity list each year since reaching the Top 50 in 2018. We are gratified by this recognition of our continued commitment and efforts.
Attracting, developing and retaining diverse talent while fostering a culture of belonging and equity are critical priorities at AIG.
For example, in 2020 and early 2021:
- AIG established an Executive Diversity Council to mobilize global leaders throughout the company to align our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion efforts with our corporate strategy imperatives.
- More than a third of AIG employees participated in our “Courageous Conversations” program to learn about unconscious bias, systemic racism and standing as allies with our colleagues.
- After providing a condensed version of AIG’s Equal Employment Opportunity Commission EEO-1 report for several years, we committed to further increase transparency into the diversity of our U.S. workforce by making our consolidated EEO-1 report publicly available on aig.com after it is filed.
- To support the Black community and racial equity, the AIG Foundation made $500,000 in grants allocated to the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund, Inc. and the Equal Justice Initiative.
- For 2020, AIG increased its Volunteer Time Off allowance to 24 hours per employee — providing the opportunity for an extra day of service specifically toward Diversity, Equity and Inclusion causes.
- Our 130+ Employee Resource Groups focused in particular on creating awareness about allyship and addressing bias, among other efforts.