No. 38 | AIG
“Diversity and inclusion is more than a commitment. It’s how we define ourselves and who we aspire to be at AIG. We believe in having an inclusive culture that respects all, listens to all and benefits from the diversity of our colleagues.”
Vievette HenryHead of Organizational Effectiveness, Diversity & Inclusion
“We have a culture of hard work, compassion, resilience, collaboration, entrepreneurialism and teamwork. The work that we are doing around diversity and inclusion positions us to attract, develop and retain the best talent with diverse points of view.”
- AIG has 12 employee resource groups (ERGs) — including Black Professionals, Interfaith Network, Multi-Cultural and LGBT and Allies — that focus on a number of identities and experiences.
- The company partners with organizations worldwide to strengthen its relationships with diverse suppliers. It works with the National LGBT Chamber of Commerce, Women’s Business Enterprise National Council and New York & New Jersey Minority Supplier Development Council, Inc.
- AIG is dedicated to corporate responsibility, especially when it comes to the environment. Among its initiatives is a $2.86 billion investment in renewable energy.
In The News
- AIG’s Shailesh Mathankar Discusses ‘The Big Picture’
- AIG’s Brandi Monique Shares her Mentorship Journey
- AIG Celebrates Women in the Workplace
Other DiversityInc Lists
- Executive Diversity Councils
From The Company
Building a Culture of Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our success – promoting a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth and profitability.
We invest in each employee through a wide variety of programs and initiatives — seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
- To enhance the diversity of our workforce, especially at senior levels, we offer three career-development programs focused on women and people of color. They provide support such as mentor matching and coaching.
- Our 138 Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) reflect 13 dimensions of diversity and provide a forum for employees to advocate for one another and advance diversity and inclusion within our communities.
- Membership continues to increase, rising by 16% in 2019, representing 24% of all employees.
- Our employees are multifaceted and allies for others: approximately 62% of ERG participants are members of more than one group.
- AIG offers unconscious bias training to all employees to help them recognize and manage assumption “blind spots” in their interactions.
- AIG introduces new, entry-level analysts to our two-year development program through the AIG Insurance Academy, which takes place four times each year. This is one example of how we are preparing for the insurance industry’s generational shift.
Headquarters: New York, NY
Global Employees: 46,000