Originally Published by Accenture.
Accenture is positioned for a third consecutive time as a Leader in the IDC MarketScape vendor assessment, covering strategic consulting across the life sciences research and development (R&D) industry.
The report, “IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Life Science R&D Strategic Consulting 2018 Vendor Assessment” (IDC #US44159218, August 2018), examines the current life sciences R&D strategic consulting landscape, including industry and market trends. It evaluates 16 major vendors against the criteria most important for life sciences companies to consider when selecting a service provider.
Accenture also was positioned as a Leader for the third consecutive time in two recent IDC Health Insights Life Science R&D reports:
- “IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Life Science R&D BPO 2018 Vendor Assessment” (IDC #US42144618, June 2018).
- “IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Life Science R&D ITO 2018 Vendor Assessment” (IDC #US44023818, June 2018),
Alan Louie, Ph.D., research director for IDC Health Insights Life Sciences practice said: “Accenture’s Life Sciences R&D practice is among the primary service providers in R&D strategic consulting revenue and carries a legacy of strong industry IT services, including a comprehensive portfolio of BPO and ITO capabilities, a broad customer base, and significant success in engaging top-tier and emerging pharmaceutical companies. These capabilities and a strong commitment to growing and expanding the company’s impact on this industry sector, will routinely position Accenture as a formidable competitor in the strategic consulting and the broader R&D IT services market.”
For the purposes of this study, strategic consulting includes high-level management consulting and advisory services; operation and process optimization development and implementation services; technology adoption and implementation strategy development. In the report analysis, IDC Health Insights divided potential key measures for success into two primary categories: capabilities and strategies.
Kevin Julian, senior managing director in Accenture’s Life Sciences practice said: “This report on Accenture’s Life Sciences R&D strategic consulting expertise affirms that we have the right people, processes and technology in place to help our clients bring life-changing therapies to patients around the world. This latest recognition also marks a well-earned trifecta for Accenture, since we’ve been named as a Leader in the Life Science IDC MarketScapes for business process outsourcing, information technology outsourcing, and now, strategic consulting.”
In naming Accenture’s Life Sciences practice as a strategic consulting Leader, this latest IDC MarketScape looked at:
- Breadth of services offered, depth of related project experience, and number of customers Accenture serves;
- Geographical footprint and global delivery capabilities, level of priority and focus by Accenture on the life sciences R&D sector, and the pace of investment in related life sciences capabilities;
- Life sciences’ industry-specific expertise, corporate financial stability, and ability to accommodate different types and sizes of life sciences clients; and
- Customer references to examine vendor capabilities surrounding project management, IT technical skills, account management, and overall value delivery to clients.