Home is where the heart is.
An old proverb, sure. But as true as ever.
Here’s a twist, where that philosophy meets some science: With the power generated by all of the hearts benefitting from our life-changing technology, you could power that home. And the neighbor’s next door.
More than 1.5 million people around the world receive our stents each year, clearing clogged arteries to get blood flowing again.
Then tack on the more than 26,000 people whose hearts are pumping more efficiently thanks to the help of our lineup of HeartMate left ventricle assist devices.
Don’t leave out the 10,000 people living well with the peace of mind that their heart’s performance is being constantly monitored by CardioMEMS.
Include the 12,000 premature babies born in the U.S. each year suffering from a persistent heart defect requiring treatment with our Amplatzer Piccolo Occluder.
It all adds up to about 1.6 million hearts and cardiovascular systems kept in good health by our devices, every day. A big number that’s growing all the time.
As big as it is, it doesn’t include the more than 15 million blood tests each year helping doctors diagnose heart disease, heart attack and heart failure.
Like firing up a generator after a storm, you’d have harnessed enough juice to run two average U.S. homes for a month … with about 300 kilowatts left over.
That’s some power.
And that’s the neighborhood we want to work in. Because helping your heart is where we call home.
For more information
- For important safety information about our stents, please click here.
- For important safety information about cardiac ablation, please click here.
- For important safety information about our left ventricle assist devices, please click here.
- For important safety information about CardioMEMSTM HF System, please click here.
- For important safety information about Amplatzer Piccolo™ Occluder, please click here.