Top Company for Diversity-Management Progress: BASF
Accepting Award: Juan Carlos Ordoez, Senior Vice President, Coating Solutions, North America
Reasons for Honor:
- Launched an Executive Diversity Council that has set goals and milestones, and is holding managers accountable for resultsleading to increases in diversity of human-capital demographics.
- Company now ties executive compensation to diversity results and requires diverse slates for executive openings.
- Effective dashboard used to assess demographics and all measures of D&I.
- Formal, cross-cultural mentoring program has been successfully piloted and now is being expanded throughout the company.
- Role of resource groups was significantly expanded to focus on talent development and community outreach. Employees are polled on the value of the groups.