The DiversityInc Top 10 Companies for People With Disabilities
Both in the United States and globally, companies increasingly are recognizing the value of hiring and promoting people with disabilities.
To ascertain the companies that utilize best practices for the best results in this area, we looked at several factors, including:
- Whether the company’s website is inviting to job applicants, vendors and customers/clients with disabilities
- Whether the company’s recruitment process is inclusive of people with disabilities, including online applications
- Whether the company has a reasonable accommodation or job-aids process
- Whether the company tracks the number of people with disabilities in the workforce, including voluntary disclosure
- The role of an employee resource group for people with disabilities in creating an inclusive workplace
- Whether certain benefits are available and utilized, including telecommuting and alternative career tracks for those with long-term family-care issues
- Whether suppliers owned by people with disabilities are certified by the USBLN (US Business Leadership Network)
- Percentage of procurement spent with vendors owned by people with disabilities and veterans with disabilities
The No. 1 company on this list is EY.
The 2015 DiversityInc Top 10 Companies for People With Disabilities
- Prudential Financial
- Procter & Gamble
- Merck & Co.
- Kaiser Permanente
- Comcast NBCUniversal