Luke Visconti is the CEO and founder of DiversityInc. He launched DiversityInc as a website in 1997 and has guided it to be the leading publication for diversity, reaching more than 300,000 people monthly and ranked No. 1 globally for total web traffic and social-media reach.
Luke also created the DiversityInc Top 50, the leading corporate diversity list. Entering its 15th year, the competition had more than 1,000 participants for 2015. He is responsible for the methodology and has utilized the data collected in the Top 50 process to develop DiversityInc’s Consulting and Benchmarking practice, which has more than 70 corporate clients. Luke meets personally with more than 30 CEOs every year.
A prolific writer and interviewer, Luke has over 300 articles, interviews and columns on the website. His “Ask the White Guy” column is a leading draw on DiversityInc.
Luke also created the DiversityInc Foundation, a 501(c)(3), and donates more than 4 percent of DiversityInc’s gross revenue to the foundation. The foundation has no administrative overhead and nobody draws a salary from it — all services are donated. The foundation primarily funds endowed scholarships at the three schools where he has a board seat: Bennett College (Historically Black), New Jersey City University (Hispanic Serving) and Rutgers University. Since 2006, the DiversityInc Foundation has distributed more than $1,500,000.
Luke also serves as a board member for The PhD Project and is on HACU’s corporate and philanthropy board.
Luke holds a bachelor’s degree in biology from Rutgers University. He is a veteran, having served as a Naval Aviator for more than eight years on active duty and another 18 months in the reserves. He still serves as a member of the Chief of Naval Operations Executive Panel and has briefed three Chiefs of Naval Operations on issues of diversity and inclusion.
- Board Chair, New Jersey City University Foundation
- Former Trustee, Bennett College for Women (10 years)
- Former Trustee, Rutgers University (9 years)
- Overseer, Rutgers University
- Board Member, The PhD Project
- Member, Corporate & Philanthropic Council, Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU)
- Member, United States Navy Chief of Naval Operations, Executive Panel
- May 2015: Honorary Doctorate in Humane Letters, Bennett College (Historically Black College)
- May 2014: The Rutgers Veteran and Military Service Award
- May 2013: Honorary Doctorate in Humane Letters, New Jersey City University (Hispanic Serving Institution)
- June 2011: “Champion of Diversity Award” from the American Association of Affirmative Action
- October 2009: “2009 HerMANO Award” from Alma Morales Riojas, President and CEO, MANA, A National Latina Organization
- May 2007: Distinguished Alumnus, Rutgers University
- January 2006: “Bridge Builders Award” from the Rev. Jesse Jackson at the Wall Street Project conference
- May 2006: “Legacy of Leadership” award from Dr. Beverly Tatum, Spelman College