Q: I was looking for a list of “minority” CEOs. Who are the Black, Latino, Asian and women CEOs on The DiversityInc Top 50 Companies for Diversity?
A: There’s a dearth of Black, Latino, Asian and women CEOs running major companies—but the DiversityInc Top 50 companies have better stats:
- Eighteen percent of the DiversityInc Top 50 senior level are Black, Latino or Asian (up 33 percent from five years ago), which is 80 percent more than the Fortune 500.
- Twenty-four percent of the DiversityInc Top 50 senior level are women (up 9 percent from five years ago), which is 20 percent more than the Fortune 500.
There are six Black CEOs of Fortune 500 companies, accounting for 1.2 percent of all Fortune 500 CEOs: Merck & Co. and TIAA-CREF are Nos. 12 and 41, respectively, in The 2013 DiversityInc Top 50 Companies for Diversity. CEOs in the DiversityInc Top 50 total 6 percent Black.
- Kenneth C. Frazier, Merck & Co.
- Roger W. Ferguson Jr., TIAA-CREF
- Kenneth I. Chenault, American Express
- Don Thompson, McDonald’s
- Ursula M. Burns, Xerox Corporation
- Clarence Otis Jr., Darden Restaurants, Inc.
There are eight Asian CEOs of Fortune 500 companies, accounting for 1.6 percent of all Fortune 500 CEOs. Medtronic is No. 17 and MasterCard is No. 5 in the DiversityInc Top 50. CEOs in the DiversityInc Top 50 are 6 percent Asian.
- Indra K. Nooyi, PepsiCo
- Richard Hamada, Avnet
- Omar Ishrak, Medtronic
- Laura J. Sen, BJ’s Wholesale Club
- Kevin M. Murai, Synnex
- Ravi Saligram, OfficeMax
- Ajay Banga, MasterCard Worldwide
- Sanjay Mehrotra, SanDisk
There are six Latino CEOs of Fortune 500 companies, accounting for 1.2 percent of all Fortune 500 CEOs; CEOs in the DiversityInc Top 50 are 4 percent Latino.
- Antonio Perez, Eastman Kodak Co.
- George Paz, Express Scripts
- Josue Robles, United Services Automobile Association (USAA)
- Paul Raines, GameStop
- Robert E. Sanchez, Ryder System
- Joseph Molina, Molina Healthcare
- Meg Whitman, HP
- Virginia Rometty, IBM
- Patricia A. Woertz, Archer Daniels Midland
- Indra K. Nooyi, PepsiCo
- Irene B. Rosenfeld, Mondelez International (formerly Kraft Foods)
- Marillyn A. Hewson, Lockheed Martin
- Ellen J. Kullman, DuPont
- Phebe Novakovic, General Dynamics
- Carol Meyrowitz, TJX
- Ursula M. Burns, Xerox
- Sheri S. McCoy, Avon
- Deanna M. Mulligan, Guardian Life Insurance
- Debra L. Reed, Sempra Energy
- Denise M. Morrison, Campbell Soup
- Ilene S. Gordon, Corn Products International
- Heather Bresch, Mylan
- Kathleen M. Mazzarella, Graybar Electric
- Mary Agnes (Maggie) Wilderotter, Frontier Communications
- Gracia C. Martore, Gannett
- Marissa Mayer, Yahoo!
- Beth E. Mooney, KeyCorp
You can access all our lists, such as DiversityInc’s Top 10 Companies for Blacks, at www.DiversityInc.com/top50.