WellPoint’s Chief Diversity Officer Linda Jimenez tells how healthcare can resonate with all patients, from the language used in marketing materials to the photos displayed on hospital walls. WellPoint is No. 34 on The 2012 DiversityInc Top 50 Companies for Diversity list.
- Language Challenge: Selling Health Insurance to 2.6 Million Californians
To reach the thousands of newly insured people who don’t speak English, Kaiser Permanente, WellPoint and others rely increasingly on cultural competence in a variety of languages. Continue Reading »
- Hospitals, Insurance Companies, Pharmas: Who Benefits From the Affordable Care Act?
Healthcare reform is forcing many organizations to rethink their business strategy—but those committed to diversity management have a marketplace advantage. Continue Reading »
- Best Practices in Demonstrating & Communicating Top Management Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Web seminar shows how diversity-management initiatives depend on CEO commitment. WellPoint and CSX reveal their best practices. Continue Reading »
- What Background Is Best for Chief Diversity Officers?
Chief diversity officers from very different backgrounds from PricewaterhouseCoopers, Eli Lilly, WellPoint, The Coca-Cola Company, and Southern Company tell their stories. Continue Reading »
- Angelina Jolie Reveals Double Mastectomy
Black women are 49 percent less likely than white women to get tested for the mutated genes, but the Affordable Care Act should close that disparity. Continue Reading »
Diversity Events & Interviews
- Ask the White Guy: Can a White Man Speak With Authority on Diversity? 108 comments
- Ask the White Guy: Why Is Trayvon a White-on-Black Crime? 101 comments
- Do Blacks Need to Relax Their Natural Hair to Get Promoted? 67 comments
- Why the 'B' in 'Black' Is Capitalized at DiversityInc 53 comments
- White Guy Responds to 'Why Did He Kill Himself?' 50 comments
- What Kind of CEO Worries About What Underwear and Cologne You Wear While the Stock Declines by Half? 10714 views
- Papa John’s CEO Latest News: ‘In a Bunch of Trouble’ for Obamacare Job Cuts 9355 views
- HISTORY Channel Racist? Why Satan Looks Like Obama 7726 views
- ‘You Must Have Voted for Obama’: 5 Things NEVER to Say to Blacks 6855 views
- Ask the White Guy: Is a White Person From Africa an African-American? 6279 views
Watch Our Most Popular Videos
- Altria: Is Diversity a Zero-Sum Game for White Men?
- Deloitte's Leadership Imperative? Be Representative of ALL Employees
- How MasterCard's CEO Fosters Employee Engagement
- How Travelers Measures Retention? Diversity Progress Indicator
- Where Does CVS' Employee Engagement Start? Boards, CEOs & Chief Diversity Officers
- @Rutgers Scandal Update: Pernetti Resigns; President Apologizes for ‘Failure of Process’ http://t.co/fA6nJbenne #basketball #
- What’s Everyone Saying About Rutgers' Crisis? “Rutgers should be policing themselves. It shouldn’t require the media" http://t.co/mgPBsTGYWR #
- Should Rutgers President and Athletic Director Resign After Coach Rice Scandal? http://t.co/onTVtbF6MZ #basketball #rutgers #
- Why Did Rutgers Wait to Fire Coach After Anti-Gay and Abusive Actions? http://t.co/oITrjJhv3y #basketball #accountability #
- Should #Black #Women Straighten Their Hair or Lighten Their Skin? http://t.co/MmV2LBuAJy @indiaarie @bglhonline @afrobella #diversity #