Having trouble aggressively changing your human-capital demographics, especially at the top? Learn from three companies in different industries that set aggressive goals, linked compensation to their success and saw dramatic results.
In this 1,677-word article, DiversityInc offers comprehensive case studies from three of The DiversityInc Top 50 Companies for Diversity that demonstrate the benefits of directly tying compensation to diversity. Sodexo (No. 2 in the 2011 DiversityInc Top 50), CSX (No. 17) and Marriott International (No. 14) reveal not only why the best practice works for them but, more importantly, how they do it.
Readers will learn:
- What percentage of compensation is typically tied to diversity goals and why that percentage increases up the management ranks
- Whether your CEO should have a bonus tied to diversity goals
- How linking compensation with goals allowed Sodexo to better position diversity and inclusion as a key strategic initiative
- The four key diversity competencies that CSX’s bonuses address
- How Marriott tailors its metrics goals by regional geography and available labor pool
Learn from their efforts—and contact benchmarking@DiversityInc.com if you want more specifics on your individual situation.
Read Linking Executive Compensation to Diversity Goals on BestPractices.DiversityInc.com.